[ale] Tablet Keyboard

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Fri Aug 31 11:12:08 EDT 2012

No, but every couple of months I go into a Micro Center type or HL
computers store to see if any of their bluetooth keyboards will
successfully pair with an Android phone.   Thus far we've found that
keyboards that work with Apple devices fail to pair with Android.
Android devices want a password specified, Apple do not, and thus far
I've left the store without anything that worked.

I did just upgrade my HTC Rezound to Ice Cream, I wonder if that has
improved.   Still, unless the manufacturer has specific instructions for
various flavors of Android, I'll expect that it won't work.

On the other hand, I do have a cheap USB keyboard/stand/portfolio we use
with our Viewsonic G-Tab and that has always worked great.    But the
G-tab has both flavors of USB ports, my phone does not.