[ale] Network Closet Temperature Sensor?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed Aug 29 15:09:46 EDT 2012

On 8/28/2012 10:49, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> Hey!  I just found out my group is in charge of 3 network wiring closets.
>   Apparently they have a couple switches each and can get warm but no-one
> previously put any sensors in them.  i would love to find something network
> connected (WiFi or hardwired would work) I can ping via script/cron to get
> a reading from.   Any suggestions?
>
> Robert

I have and use the iTHX series sensor from Omega Engineering (actually
made by Newport).

http://www.omega.com/iseries/iTHX.htm
http://www.newportus.com/ppt/ITHX.html

I have the DIN rail mount unit but there are units with local displays
and memory card slots for logging.  All are ethernet and can be polled
by direct TCP/IP connections or viewed directly by an internal web server.