[ale] my new sysadmin description

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:58:22 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM, leam hall <leamhall at gmail.com> wrote:
> The language, or the users? The issue seems more that PHP is so widely used
> that any programmer error exposes the page to vulnerabilities. Nothing else
> is even close to the web page count as PHP, except for maybe Javascript.

security issues are from both tool code and user implementation. PHP5
was a huge improvement in leakage and security concepts. Can't beat
enough "DON'T DO THAT!" into the typical coders, though. So many
wordpress modules are unsafe due to how they are written. drupal not
as many.

PHP is popular because it's easy to learn and fast to get useful in.