[ale] help not using 3g/4g broadband quota android

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sat Aug 25 15:14:25 EDT 2012

JD <jdp at algoloma.com> wrote:

>On 08/25/2012 10:26 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
>> If anyone has had specific experience with rooting an Acer A500
>tablet, I'd
>> like to hear about it. If so, what ROMS are good and current and have
>good
>> support? I may yet end up doing that.
>
>Rooting an A500 is trivial these days. Get to ICS (v4), then there's an
>app that
>does the root. On mine, it didn't wipe any local data.  The update -
>don't know
>if it is an "upgrade" yet - wiped everything (apps, data, hosts file,
>etc) which
>sucks.
>
>http://www.androidtotal.com/root-acer-iconia-tab-a500-android-4.0.3-ics-firmware/
>explains
>it.  10 minutes tops.

Hi JD,

Sounds pretty cool.  I may get up the nerve to do that when I get home.  Who's ROM does it install?  Is it Cyanogen?  How would I backup the tablet before rooting, since I can't install Titanium backup, etc?

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com