[ale] help not using 3g/4g broadband quota android

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Aug 25 13:05:20 EDT 2012

On 08/25/2012 10:26 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> If anyone has had specific experience with rooting an Acer A500 tablet, I'd
> like to hear about it. If so, what ROMS are good and current and have good
> support? I may yet end up doing that.

Rooting an A500 is trivial these days. Get to ICS (v4), then there's an app that
does the root. On mine, it didn't wipe any local data.  The update - don't know
if it is an "upgrade" yet - wiped everything (apps, data, hosts file, etc) which
sucks.

http://www.androidtotal.com/root-acer-iconia-tab-a500-android-4.0.3-ics-firmware/ explains
it.  10 minutes tops.