[ale] WiFi at Emory meeting building?

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Thu Aug 16 12:45:02 EDT 2012

On 08/16/2012 09:09 AM, JD wrote:
> There is usually wifi, but it is one of those college "guest" login systems. I
> don't know if they allow all ports or not.
>
> To me the proxy-hassle-factor was higher than my desire to be online, but I'm
> more paranoid than most.

Only the wifi is a guest system.  There's an Ethernet in the front of
the room that so far as I can tell is mostly unrestricted.  It'd be
suitable for creating an AP, if they don't have any other surprises in
the way.

I suspect we'd probably ought to get some form of approval to do such a
thing, as well.

If the room had cell signal I'd suggest the use of Clear for everyone,
but no cell signal leads me to believe that the Clear signal would be
crap, too.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”