[ale] No RAM = No BIOS?

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:58:23 EDT 2012

IIRC, you should get 3 beeps for no RAM and 8 beeps for no video card/bad
RAM on your video card. But with ATX power supply, I'm not sure the MB will
power on without the CPU, since it is a logic switch, isn't that logic in
the CPU? Could be wrong on that, maybe it is MOBO logic. Regardless,
there's not much point to powering up with neither CPU nor RAM installed is
there? "That does not compute...."

GC