[ale] [OT] Mars Landing Party

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Wed Aug 1 12:32:28 EDT 2012

Because we are a bunch of geeks who appreciate this stuff.....

Event# 1/2: Mars Landing Party and Planetary Science Symposium
Centergy Building, 75 Fifth Street, NW, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A
08/05/2012 to 08/06/2012
Type of Event: Public
The Atlanta Science Tavern is hosting a planetary science symposium
and party at Georgia Tech's Centergy Building starting 7pm (EDT)
Sunday, August 5 to celebrate the landing later that night of the Mars
Science Laboratory bearing the remarkable Curiosity Rover. Doors open
at 6:30pm with the symposium starting at 7:00. Admission is $5. Topics
to be covered include the chemical origins of life, future science
missions to the Moon, Mercury and the icy moons of Jupiter as well as
a detailed look at what we know about Mars and what we hope to learn
after Curiosity gets to work. Refreshments will be served. At midnight
we will join NASA-JPL coverage and go into full-fledged party mode.
Contact Marc Merlin

--
Michael Potter