[ale] GnuCash (Was: Re: [OT] Home PBX?)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 10:52:17 EDT 2012

If gnucash makes them run then they REALLY should stay away from sql-ledger!

They should probably stay away from accounting in general, as well.

The reason quackbooks makes such a wad of cash is they make it easy
for idiots to use. They also violate EVERY accounting "best practices"
rule there is. Nothing from quackbooks is usable to a CPA. Quackbooks
is NOT double-entry accounting.

SQL-ledger has a more user-support friendly fork called LedgerSMB.

Compiere is a full-blown ERP application. Commercial support
available. Multi-user.