[ale] semi ot anyone using obd ii automotive diagnostics

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Apr 27 22:27:40 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

I have ordered an ELM 327 obd ii bluetooth adapter from amazon and am looking forward to using it and the Torque program on my android tablet to gather diagnostic data and provide virtual instruments on my car. I was wondering if anyone else has experimented with this, and what kind of things you're doing.

Also, while I'm sure I'll enjoy using my 10" tablet for this purpose, I'm also sure I don't want to mount that in my windshield permanently. So, I'm wondering if there is a cheap 5" android tablet or a cheap 4" - 5" smartphone I could get on ebay or elsewhere, for example, that I can use to run android programs without a cell phone account. I would want it to run Android 3 or 4, preferably 4. I might consider permanently mounting something like that in the car.

Any info you can share on the topic would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern. My email address has changed. Replying to former
address. Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

call on the phone. I get about 300 emails per day from alternate energy
mailing lists and such. I don't always see new email messages very quickly.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422
linuxdude AT techstarship.com