[ale] pay rates vs. experience

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 09:02:44 EDT 2012

To a degree I agree with the views on hopping, on the other hand you're
not likely to get a raise where you are that would compare to a new job.

I've had both long and short term positions and I like to stay if the
job gives me the chance to actually do good things technically and
professionally. And not work with idiots, that's a biggie.

On the other hand, some folks need to move around a bit to find their
niche. Admins move less than developers, generally, but if someone had a
few short engagements I'd worry less about them than the person who did
the same job at the same place for 5-10 years. How current are their
skills and can they actually perform?

Leam