[ale] April 19 Presentation Request (& a little OT personal stuff)

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:29:48 EDT 2012

In checking my emails this morning I'm not finding a
presentation on  the table for our April 19th ALE Central
meeting.   May 17th is penciled in with a Grub 2 talk
with Michael Trausch, but April is still showing as open.

I feel like I've forgotten something amidst some personal
challenges and the shuffle to accommodate the HPCC
talk last month (being reprised this coming Thurs. at ALE
NW/SPSU!), so if we had an arrangement to present with
someone reading this, please remind me. Other offers
are, of course, welcome as well.

====
On an OT personal note, and as many of you already
know, my life partner of 30 years, Sally MacEwen passed
away in the morning hours of last month's ALE meeting
day on Thursday, March 15th.  There is a lot of consolation
in that she moved on very much on her own terms and
without excessive discomfort, but she was a pretty amazing
person who's loss will be felt by many personal and
professional communities. If you'd care to know a bit
about Sally and her contributions to the world she has
a memorial site at: <http://teamSallyMac.weebly.com>.

A open memorial celebrating Sally's life will be held
1pm-3pm on May 5th at the Friends School of Atlanta,
862 Columbia Drive, Decatur.  Sally was instrumental in
founding that thriving and respected educational
institution, and per her final wishes her ashes will be
spread there.

Thanks to all here who have shared condolences, including
Sean Kilpatrick for providing a healing private family dinner
wake and Jim Kinney for a year's supply of rice casseroles
and Charles Shapiro for crashing (in a welcome way) last
Thursday's "Sally-bration" memorial at Agnes Scott College,
the community where Sally spent her teaching career as a
Professor of Classical Languages and Literature.

in peace,
aaron