[ale] OT: Deluxe office accommodations for the paranoid

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Apr 2 13:55:30 EDT 2012

On 04/02/2012 12:34 PM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> That prank would take more effort to setup than for the target to
> undo I think.   Sometimes the simple things are the best:
>
> Filling someone's desk drawers with Styrofoam packing "peanuts" is
> fun.  Most people pull their drawers out quickly when opening them
> and hilarity ensues.
>
> I haven't seen it but I did hear about a time someone used clear
> packing tape to cover the entry to a cubicle then filled the entire
> cubicle with the "peanuts".
>
> Personally I'm kinda glad that April Fools fell on a Sunday...

A very effective prank that is easy to setup is loading a closed
umbrella with 'stuff.'  The two items I've used were the contents of a
large hole punch and styrofoam peanuts.  The hole punch stuff worked
better as it is silent, small and if you have enough, looks like
freaking snow.  The peanuts can make a noise and give up the prank
before initiation.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."