[ale] SPDIF and Linux

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:33:59 EDT 2011

There's too much needed information missing from this post. Are you
only using ALSA? Or do you have something else on top of it (i.e.
Pulse)? Is this SPDIF on a daughter card or the motherboard? Does the
machine have only one soundcard (built-in or otherwise)? Have you
looked to see if the device is muted with alsamixer? What does `aplay
-l` return?