[ale] OT - New encryption technology using a piece of paper

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Sat Sep 3 19:33:07 EDT 2011

On 09/03/2011 06:35 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm sorry, but I'm going to top post on this one...  This will be a bit
> of a rant (and long) but mild for me and I'll keep the math level
> reasonable...
> <cut>
>
> I do eat my own dog food.  I really do use systems like these.  They
> work.  They work well.  Just pisses me off when I have to change one for
> no bloody good reason.
>

> Regards,
> Mike

Mike,

Good response.  Reminds me that its about time for me to change my
passwords.  (As much as I hate password change requirements, I can't
trust most websites to not have lost hashes at some point.)

I understand you have an incredible memory (wish I did) but is it good
enough for all your passwords, or do you store them somewhere?  If so,
what do you use to store them?

I currently use KeePassX, and my only complaint is that it has no
browser integration (thought that might be a good thing, depending on
the attack scenario).

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com