[ale] [ANNC] ALE-NW at SPSU MTG. for Thurs., Nov. 10, 7:30pm

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 17:54:07 EDT 2011

The next ALE-NW at SPSU meeting is being held
Thursday, Nov. 10th, 7:30pm in room J110
of the Atrium (J) building on the SPSU campus.

The thematic banner for the meeting is
 ----        BACKUP-APALOOZA    ----
with discussions focused on the practical considerations of data
backup through some compare and contrast overviews of a few
of the popular backup tools from the Linux / FLOSS universe.

Scheduled talking points include:
* Backup Religion - Get Saved Before Your Data Apocalypse
* Rsync
* Rdiff-backup
* Visit Snapshot City with Back-In-Time
* Duplicity
* Amanda

With Presenters:
* JD Pflugrath
* Aaron Ruscetta
* David Tomaschik

If you aren’t happy with your current backup solutions, one
of our featured tools will probably fit your needs nicely.

=======
For a campus map and a link to directions please see
<http ://www.spsu.edu/visitspsu/campusmaps/index.htm>
Parking in non reserved spaces in the P60 deck is best.
building J, the Atrium building, is a short distance east
of the parking deck.
======
ALE-NW at SPSU meetings are open events and we hope
you will join us! Also remember that topic suggestions
and presentation offers the meetings can be emailed to
[ jdp (at) algoloma ]
======
DECEMBER MEETING NOTICE:
ALE-NW will NOT have a meeting for December, so
this will be the last meeting of 2011.
======
Info above is also posted at <http://ale.org>

peace