[ale] Postgresql archive logs

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:24:39 EDT 2011

If the load is heavy write, put wal logs on separate spindles. I've not seen
a performance gain from inode data flip using the same drives space as the
db for wal.
Hmm. Need to send that to the postgres gurus. Use wal as scratch and commit
is a single inode change.

Ok. If the writes are frequent but small, think less than a full 6 disk
stripe, keep it all together. The system can read out of order during the
write flush and speed through on commit.