[ale] Xubuntu 11.10 unable to login via lightdm

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Tue Oct 25 21:18:16 EDT 2011

Hey Ted,

Some thoughts to help get you back on-line.  Your X (a.k.a. X.org) could be
messed up. First thing you can try is rebuilding your xorg.conf file.

Backup the original:

cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf ~/Desktop/xorg.conf.BACKUP

Create a new one:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Next. could be probs in the below files:

.Load sessions from /usr/share/xsessions

.Store session configuration in ~/.dmrc

Let me know how it goes.   It is very possible the "xsessions" or ".dmrc"
files are messed up. I can send you mine if needed. Oh, this link might
help:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LightDM/Design

-=Raj=-