[ale] OT: please trip your posts

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Oct 25 12:11:31 EDT 2011

Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> “rules be damned” – Sp who in fact has the authority to make rules for
> this list?  Somebody that thinks bottom posting is the way to go?
> Someone that thinks top posting is?  Someone that thinks responses
> should be interspersed or the majority of us who just reply the way our
> mailers are setup to do it because we see it as a trivial point?
>

> Just because YOU prefer a number 2 pencil is no reason for me to give up
> my pen.

I'm asking for two basic things:

1.  Trim your posts.  Do what makes sense.  If you're one line response
is relative to a single paragraph of a post, delete the other 54 paragraphs.

2. Be consistent in responding.  If you're responding to an original
post, then do as you wish.  If you're responding to a follow up, be
consistent.  If the first guy top posted, then top post...

I simply won't dig around to figure out who's posting what to multiple

For what it's worth, do what you damn well please, but if it's difficult
for me to figure out the post, you won't get a response from me.  YMMV,
I'm sure there are folks out there who will be very happy with that.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson