[ale] Linux alternative recommendation ?

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Tue Oct 25 11:23:35 EDT 2011

You gotta love this quote from the Kingston website.  Emphasis added by me.

<quote ON>

Flash storage devices are not infallible and can have their data damaged
due to factors mentioned above. It is important to backup important
information on multiple media *or even print them on paper for long-term
storage. Do not store important data solely on Flash storage devices*.

<quote OFF>

Rolling on the floor laughing, ... or crying.  Last time I checked,
SSD's are Flash storage devices.  PAPER?  PAPER!!!  That's SOOO 17th
century!

Sincerely,

Ron

On 10/25/2011 8:37 AM, Watson, Keith wrote:
> As Jim pointed out they can but it does depend on the energy level of the xrays.
>
> As a result the manufacturers say sometimes xrays damage flash and sometimes they don't so it is best to treat them like photographic film to be safe.
>
> Read:
>
> 5: Pack Flash storage devices into carry-on luggage if possible
> 6: Avoid U.S. Postal Service radiation scanning of mailed packages
>
> http://www.kingston.com/flash/digitalmedia_care.asp
>

> You can get the International Imaging Industry Association (I3A) Integrity in Transportation of Imaging Products (ITIP) report here:
> http://www.i3a.org/resources/#itip
>

> keith

Ron Frazier

770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.