[ale] Linux alternative recommendation ?

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Mon Oct 24 15:02:43 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Ron Frazier
<atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com> wrote:
> I saw a memory card in the office store recently where the label said it was
> x-ray proof.  I thought that was interesting.
>
> Ron

Neither x-ray scanners nor metal detectors should pose a significant
threat to flash media.  Metal detectors may pose some threat to
magnetic media, but even then, I would think it more of a concern for
the lower coercivity media of floppy disks (if anyone remembers those)
than of hard drives.  In fact, since about 2006 when PMR came on the
scene, hard drives have been even more resistant to external magnetic
fields.

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com