[ale] Linux alternative recommendation ?

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Mon Oct 24 11:07:47 EDT 2011

One more possibility for portable media (not necessarily for this
application but it could be...)

SSD in portable drive carrier.  I just bought a drive carrier that
accepts a SSD like an old 8-track tape (aging myself here) and allows
insertion into a 3-1/2 drive bay, external eSATA connection or USB
attachment.  This was a Fry's find and was under $15.  I can supply part
number and manufacturer once I get home if desired....

Yeah, it's spendy but should hold-up well for a portable solution, light
weight and not so prone to mechanical damage as a HDD.

Just offering this as Ron had kinda missed SSD....RinL