[ale] alternatives to Wiki info

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Wed Oct 19 11:16:51 EDT 2011

Hi Narahari,

A couple of thoughts come to mind.  I think both Word and LibreOffice
can export to HTML.  So, you should be able to edit a word document (in
either package), then save as a web page.  You might have to have a
plugin or something to post it on a server where it will be accessible.
I'm not sure about importing HTML, editing, then exporting again.

I think you might want to consider just building your own point and
click (no coding) website at http://www.squarespace.com/ .  They have
very powerful design tools, so I'm told.  I believe it can support
multiple editors with different privileges, audio, video, etc.  You
could password protect the pages if you don't want the public in there.
I'm sure you can do SSL if desired.  I wouldn't put extremely sensitive
information there without consulting a security professional.

Sincerely,

Ron