[ale] wrong kernel after debian squeeze install

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Tue Oct 18 14:54:27 EDT 2011

Well, I guess you're right but that's not the whole story. I just clicked
the "Download Debian 6.0(32/64-bit PC Network installer)" link on the debian
home page. That gives you an iso that can do either a 32 or 64 bit install.
But it appears that if you select "graphical install", which you have to do
if you're blind and want to start the screen reader, then you get a 32 bit
install.

Something strange about this though... The instructions for starting the
screen reader quite specifically say to select the graphical installer but
they don't say how to do that. I got someone to tell me to hit the down
arrow twice to get to the graphical install. I guess I'll have to do that
again for this other iso.  Maybe I can look at the iso itself to see how
many times I have to hit the down arrow to get to the graphical install. But
I don't like it. They really messed up the accessibility from lenny to
squeeze.