[ale] Anyone know if this is true?

Damon Chesser dchesser at acsi2000.com
Wed Oct 12 16:37:41 EDT 2011

Damon Chesser
dchesser at acsi2000.com
damon at damtek.com

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of David Tomaschik
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:33 PM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] Anyone know if this is true?

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 4:09 PM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you think happens when the battery runs out while your
> computer is suspended to RAM? Any decent implementation is going to
> switch over to suspend-to-disk when the battery has about 1% charge
> left.

I would hope not.  I don't really want my laptop running in my bag,
even for a short period of time.  (My CPU, for whatever reason,
"idles" around 55-60 deg C.)  Although, with cryptoswap, suspend to
disk doesn't even work, IIRC.

You RC incorrectly.  Works here.

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com

Disclaimer: This electronic transmission and any attachments contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information may be legally protected. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient or receive this message in error, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this information in error.

www.acsi2000.com