[ale] Smart cards

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Oct 10 14:32:31 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 13:43 -0400, David Tomaschik wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Michael B. Trausch <mike at trausch.us> wrote:
> > Mike W.,
> >
> > Can I mail you off-list?  Not something I'd normally ask, but there
> > are some things on this topic that I can't have hit the archives and
> > that I need a bit of guidance with.
> >
> >     Thanks,
> >     Mike T.

> As someone else interested in this topic, I'd be interested in knowing
> anything you find out (sans the sensitive parts, of course) if you
> wouldn't mind sharing with the rest of us.

Ok...  Just to keep people in the loop in generalities, I'm pushing him
more in the direction of the CoolKey / CAC implementations as that seems
to be closer to what his objectives are even though it is not something
I've personally explored.  In many many ways, if that works for him,
that actually simplifies his problem set significantly.  And on that
note, it's actually now got me more interested in looking at CoolKey
whereas I had discounted it before.  Maybe inappropriately so...
Something I really should explore further...

> David
>

> --
> David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
> System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
> http://systemoverlord.com
> david at systemoverlord.com

Regards,
Mike