[ale] IEEE... Sort of maybe off topic but... Not really...

Cameron Kilgore ghostfreeman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:40:23 EDT 2011

I've paid for the IEEE membership and found it to be the most useless thing
I ever paid for. I had plenty of access to papers on Machine Learning and
HCI through my university, and found no benefit to discussions on my study
fields inside  CompSoc. ACM SIGCHI was far more insighful, and they have a
variety of non-ACM member events I could attend and contribute through.
Again, most of the ACM papers were at my disposal through uni.

Also, the IEEE mailed me all sorts of bullshit. Spectrum was worth it, but
not all the discounts for car insurance I didn't need. You would think they
would at least get me something I needed, like software. Nope.

I regret funneling money into them.