[ale] [semi-OT] Stop Corporate Censorship of the Internet

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Wed Nov 30 14:23:29 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Geoffrey Myers
<lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> Charles Shapiro wrote:
>> Mr. Ruscetta is entirely correct in his characterization in this case.
>>
>> I have worked for the blood-sucking corporapists at Time-Warner, and I
>> can assure you that even from the inside these people are disgraceful
>> and greedy.  The real crime is that they are also confused and stupid.
>> That makes them willing to do any crazy thing to the internet and to
>> our freedoms in order to preserve their $millions of year salaries.
>
> I don't think Ray was disputing the legislative issue.  He's pointing
> folks to an alternative for speaking your mind on this issue.
> Personally, I would expect the EFF to be the right place to voice your
> opinion on this subject.  This is, after all, what EFF is all about.

PIPA and SOPA are the one political issues that almost everyone I know
agrees on.  And everyone I've talked to about them agrees after
hearing the details.  Of course, none of my friends work for the RIAA,
MPAA, BSA, or the corporate leadership of their members.  :)

I have been speaking out against these acts since they were first
introduced, and am glad to see others doing so.  I contribute a modest
amount to the EFF every month and am proud to do so.  The internet has
changed the game for society in a largely good way, and I believe it
will continue to be the foundation of good things if we don't let
governments (ours or any) and corporations take it over.

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com