[ale] GPG Smartcards

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Tue Nov 29 09:17:55 EST 2011

Inspired by the upcoming keysigning...

I am thinking about ordering more smartcard-related hardware from
Kernel Concepts in Germany.  I currently have a full-size smart card,
but am thinking of switching down to the ID-000 form factor (aka SIM
card size) so I don't have to carry a (moderately) large reader with
me.  (Hindsight is 20/20.)

I know one or two others had discussed buying smartcards, and was
wondering if anybody was interested in combining orders.  It seems as
though shipping is nearly flat rate at ~10 euros, so combining orders
would reduce at least that cost.  Also, they give a discount for
buying multiple cards.  I'm not trying to put together a big group
order like last time, but if it turns out that way, that'll work too,
but I do want to order in the next couple of days.

Please note: I have NO expectation that these devices would arrive in
time for the keysigning.  I would be incredibly surprised if they did
if I ordered today even.  This is inspired by the keysigning, but not
FOR the keysigning.

David

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com