[ale] Server distro help

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Mon Nov 28 19:31:41 EST 2011

I'll second CentOS.  For simple servers, such as Firewalls or static web
servers or email, I still prefer Slackware.  It is less buggy, same
interface in each release, and they supply security patches as fast as
anyone else and for LONGER per release than anyone else without RH's
obscene license fees.

RHEL license fees are obscene.  They get you only some support and
pretty hat logos (big deal on the hats).

SuSE's support person was the SOB's SOB and managed to blame SuSE's
failure to honor their support commitments on me to my client.  Ptuey!
SuSE won't get any more of my business.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]
Quality spam and virus filters.

them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where
the shadows lie...and the Eye is everwatching"
-- The Silicon Valley Tarot Henrique Holschuh with ... Bob