[ale] Server distro help

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 07:18:51 EST 2011

I have process issues with upgrading a server across release versions. I
always build new as new releases are often different enough to require that
kind of process.
What distro to use is a hotter question :-)
As you are familiar with Ubuntu, I would strongly suggest staying within
that structure or going Debian. If this is personal use servers then stay
in you comfort zone.
If you are looking to go pro or expand your reach, Centos will be your best
bet as RHEL skills continue to be in demand. SuSE is the second highest
demanded distro skill from job postings but it runs a distant second.
Ubuntu makes a showing in demand from smaller shops.