[ale] PGP / GPG Keysigning party... Upload your key now!

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Nov 18 12:41:20 EST 2011

> What are the general guidelines for proof of identification?  I know
> that a lot of people have passports, though I do not.  Should I bring
> extra things over and above my driver's license, such as bank account
> records or something, or would my state-issued license be good enough
> for this type of thing?

ID requirements are a personal thing. Whatever you decide is "good enough."

Some people will sign a key after seeing 1 form of ID plus a credit card with
the same name on it. Is that sufficient proof?

Don't feel pressured to sign anyone's keys.  Whatever you decide is "sufficient
proof of identity" is good enough.

If you don't feel comfortable signing my key for any reason, I won't be hurt. It
is all good.  Similarly, don't be hurt if I elect to not sign your key.

I will bring 2 forms of government photo ID.