[ale] Anyone using a Western Digital external HD ?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Nov 17 17:43:55 EST 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 17:02 -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for the reply.

> How do you install it and under which Linux flavor ?

How did I install it?  I just plugged it in.  It didn't need any
installing (at least not for the USB side of things).  It just shows up
in the partition table shortly after plugging it in.  If it doesn't, you
should check your syslog messages file and see what messages are being
logged by the USB subsystem.

Which Linux flavor?  I've been using Fedora for like forever.  The
particular machine I have used this array (4 x 750GB) on probably
started out as Fedora 7 or 8 and is currently at Fedora 15.  I may be
moving it to another machine shortly and that may be moving to Fedora 16
before long.

> Courtney

Regards,
Mike