[ale] Onboard RAID

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:36:30 EST 2011

-2 on perc
Multiple perc failures on a wide array of systems all with same root
process: at the point in the battery exercise cycle where it was fully
discharged, it would drop a drive from the array and all disks were dirty
because the exercise cycle opened a block on each drive on the array to
store a timestamp.
Granted these were all old scsi systems but they were the "the high class
item" at the time (2001-2002).