[ale] How do I NOT use Unity and DO use Gnome 2 in Ubuntu 11.x?

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Thu Nov 10 00:18:44 EST 2011

Hi Ron,

Sorry I missed your call the other day.  I'm on the road in California
on business and just getting back online with stuff at home.

I know and understand all that has been said here regarding Gnome2.
Yes, it is dead and no I don't like Gnome3 either and yes I still run
Gnome2.  Ignoring all of that, here is how to get what you want via the
GUI (which I know you like) for 11.04:

1.  Goto Control Center (you can find this under the power button icon
in Gnome2 in the upper right as default - click on "System Settings")
2.  Scroll down to expose "System" and click on "Login Screen"
3.  Click "Unlock"
4.  Authenticate
5.  Choose "Ubuntu Classic" or which ever DE you want -- the rest is
obvious
6.  Enjoy

Long day so calling it quits.  I hope this helps and will follow-up on
your v/m as soon as I have enough time...kinda slammed at present....

RinL