[ale] AARG! Manual software updates, Sun Java, LibreOffice, help

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:03:13 EST 2011

Keep in mind the time lag between upstream app moves to new version and
distro can package app into appropriate format.
Also,  not all upstream changes will work on distro current without MASSIVE
changes. Thus distro bacports security patches.

In short, if you want to run bleeding edge stuff, your cost is your time.
If you want less effort then a notch back from bleeding edge is what you
get.