[ale] help - ATI video card hell

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Thu Nov 3 15:15:08 EDT 2011

Thanks for the info.

I found this very long and annoying procedure:

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Lucid_Installation_Guide

and followed it.  I have no idea what it did, and it was a real pain to
get done.  If AMD wrote the driver for Linux, why can't they provide a
one click (or few click) GUI installer like they do for other OS's?
Installing a video card shouldn't take 2 hours of research and procedures.

Anyway, my monitor is once again doing what it's supposed to do, and
using all it's pixels.

Sincerely,

Ron