[ale] vmware remote display vs vnc on the ubuntu box vs xming on my Windoze machine

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon May 30 10:47:56 EDT 2011

My experience is that NX is enormously better than VNC.
I don't even consider VNC to be a viable option once I started using NX
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Narahari 'n' Savitha" <savithari at gmail.com> 5/28/2011   09:23 AM >>>
Hmmm. Interesting.  I am the same point I began.

FreeNX or VNC same thing.   I was hoping for a better X11 experience but I
guess not on a WAN.

Looks like FreeNX is slightly better than VNC.

I am surprised that XDMCP does not allow to connect/reconnect to the same
session once disconnected.

-Narahari