[ale] Package Management & LXF144

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Thu May 26 08:55:00 EDT 2011

Speaking of package management from the Fedora 15 thread...

Linux Format (LXF144) has been running a series called "School of Linux"
and this month covers package management.  Most of you know of or
already have this magazine but for those who don't I highly recommend
going to B&N, Frys any other fine purveyor of periodicals and get a
copy.  The newsstand price is steep so you may want to consider getting
a subscription (I pay mine quarterly for $30) and that is a discount off
the regular price.

Part 4 in the series covers Debian packages RPM and building packages
from source.  Good stuff for those of us who are neither noobs nor sudo
heros but stuck somewhere on the learning curve in between.  And if you
find that you'd like to get the earlier lessons...those are offered on
the DVD that comes with the magazine.

This month's issue also features:  openSUSE 11.4, mythbuntu 10.10 and
more on the Live DVD.

RinL