[ale] The world IS ending!

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed May 25 11:56:40 EDT 2011

On 05/25/2011 11:00 AM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 10:35 -0400, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
>> I think if there is a god he has a sense of humor.   That being the case I feel confident this guy will be around to see yet another blown prediction.
>>
>> Once someone having a really bad day said:  "Why me, God?"   In a sonorous tone I replied:  "Because you were handy."
> The one thing that grinds my gears is how when things don't go as
> prophet-sized(sp?) people file it under: "God is testing our faith".
> Instead it should be filed under: "Maybe I'm full of sh*t."

William Miller convinced a bunch of followers to give up all their
worldly possessions and join him in a field waiting for Jesus' return in
1843 and then again in 1844.  When it didn't happen the second time, he
found the Seventh Day Adventists.

The Jehovah's Witnesses//went on to predict no less than 8 biblical
events starting in 1914, the latest in 1994.  Obviously none of them
came about.

What a bunch of losers.

Jim.