[ale] Fedora 15

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue May 24 23:59:12 EDT 2011

OK. Update finished and now I can play with this thing.

Gnome 3 is kind of slicker than I thought. It will generate new desktops on
the fly as needed. The multi-hand stuff was wrong. Maybe a docs error. The
usability icon is parked on the top bar and allows for easy access to things
like high-contrast, zoom, large text and other goodies. The alt-f1 is the
key stroke to access the activities area.

It is quite different but very slick. Unlike other UI changes, this doesn't
make me think Apple is going to sue. It is NOTHING like windows 7 from the
few wretched tinkerings I saw at microcenter.

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:52 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Upgrading laptop to fedora 15 and noticed that openoffice was replaced with
> libreoffice. Oracle really pissed off a lot of people.
> Also I actually read the fedora docs and realized that gnome3 effectively
> requires a two handed user. The active spot to launch applications requires
> both alt key and left mouse simultaneously to use. What was gnome devel
> thinking?

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky*