[ale] In DEB/APT Hell Again

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue May 24 20:57:46 EDT 2011

If I understand your question - there isn't any more output.
It stops there.  I just re-ran it again and copy/pasted the entire
output below.

root at crm46:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
  coreutils debianutils dhcp3-client dhcp3-common libapache2-mod-php5
libfreetype6 libsysfs2 php5-cli
  php5-common php5-curl php5-gd php5-ldap php5-mysql sudo
Suggested packages:
  avahi-autoipd resolvconf php-pear libfreetype6-dev
  debianutils libfreetype6 libsysfs2 sudo
  coreutils dhcp3-client dhcp3-common libapache2-mod-php5 php5-cli
php5-common php5-curl php5-gd
  php5-ldap php5-mysql
10 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/9164kB of archives.
After this operation, 13.3MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Preconfiguring packages ...
root at crm46:~#

On 05/24/2011 08:48 PM, Robert L. Harris wrote:

>  It looks like you're missing some output,  what is the package the
> apt-get -f is failing on?
>
> Robert
>
> On 5/24/11 6:34 PM, JD wrote:
>> Ok, I'm back again. Back in dpkg hell seeking for some help. The
>> help this weekend was exactly correct and I'm hoping for another
>> win on a different machine.
>
>> The normal 'apt-get update; apt-get upgrade' failed with lots and
>> lots of packages that needed to be updated. 8.04 Ubuntu Server
>> x64.
>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------- #
>> apt-get upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency
>> tree Reading state information... Done You might want to run
>> `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
>> ----------------------------------------------------------- #
>> aptitude clean
>
>> Worked. The next apt-get -f install run re-downloaded all the
>> needed packages, then failed with an error (2) in dpkg.
>> ----------------------------------------------------------- #
>> apt-get -f install Reading package lists... Done Building
>> dependency tree Reading state information... Done Correcting
>> dependencies... Done The following extra packages will be
>> installed: coreutils debianutils dhcp3-client dhcp3-common
>> libapache2-mod-php5 libfreetype6 libsysfs2 php5-cli php5-common
>> php5-curl php5-gd php5-ldap php5-mysql sudo Suggested packages:
>> avahi-autoipd resolvconf php-pear libfreetype6-dev The following
>> NEW packages will be installed: debianutils libfreetype6 libsysfs2
>> sudo The following packages will be upgraded: coreutils
>> dhcp3-client dhcp3-common libapache2-mod-php5 php5-cli php5-common
>> php5-curl php5-gd php5-ldap php5-mysql 10 upgraded, 4 newly
>> installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded. Need to get 0B/9164kB
>> of archives. After this operation, 13.3MB of additional disk space
>> will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Preconfiguring
>> packages ... E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
>> (2)

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo

--