[ale] Fedora 15 DVD install

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:51:24 EDT 2011

For Fedora, you'll want to add the rpmfusion repo as it'll have the mp3
stuff and nvidia driver stuff.

To browse the distro packages, you look for a mirror site and poke through
the releases and updates for the releases.

http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options  has a link to a KDE spin of
fedora 15 (New! Today!)  "All Download methods" is a link to here:
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-all

which has "see all mirrors" near the bottom. Select a mirror and look at
releases and updates.

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Chuck Peters <cp at axs.org> wrote:

> A friend requested I install Fedora for her and I am wondering if the
> DVD presents an option for KDE.
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Installation_Guide/s1-pkgselection-x86.html
> shows a Graphical Desktop option, but doesn't indicate if KDE will be an
> option.  Any suggestions?
>
> Recently I was browsing Fedora's site trying to see what versions of
> software they have.  I was hoping to find something like
> packages.ubuntu.com or packages.debian.org. Do they have such a thing?
>
> And where might I find the nvidia rpm's?
>

> I also intend to install XP first and she is on dialup.  Can someone
> suggest an easy way to get all the XP updates, put them on a CD and
> install them?
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck

James P. Kinney III