[ale] AV software? Slightly OT

Drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Wed May 18 17:25:25 EDT 2011

My wife's MacBook suffered an unrecoverable hard drive crash last week.
Fortunately, hard copies existed for all the critical material she had
created since the last backup, so the loss was mostly a major nuisance
rather than a major disaster. :)

It was Emory's computer, and it died right after graduation. Go figure.
So she bought a new one (without all the cruft Emory insists on
installing).

Slashdot notes today the increase in malware aimed directly at OS X and
that causes me to wonder what sort of anti-virus software should be
installed on this laptop. (small MacBook Pro)  Obviously it needs to be
something that a non-geek is going to be able to use.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Sean