[ale] DSP devices in 11.04

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue May 17 23:26:57 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 22:47 -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> It seems I no longer have anymore /dev/dsp* in 11.04.  I have sound and
> it works in gnome but I've configured darkice to use a /dev/dsp device.
> Do I need to load alsa to get these back?

ALSA loaded.  I tried loading OSS and that caused a host of problems.
Removed that and configured darkice to use ALSA.  Working now.  I'm
under the wire to get this desktop back up and running 100%.  I use this
system most of the time I'm awake and I was about to drop it back down
to 10.04 to get these items fixed.  Everything seems to be up.

One thing odd is that my PCI serial board is now ttyS4 and S5.  It was
S0 and S1.  I just reconfigured everything that used serial to use the
appropriate devices.