[ale] OT (slightly): How do you read the ale mailing list?

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Thu May 12 10:21:24 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:14:07PM -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> Outlook does threading, but poorly. Almost as bad as it detects spam.
>
> For ALE, I use Gmail's web interface. But, lately, I have started
> using Gmane's NNTP support to access other lists. It's great, and very
> tempting to switch the way I access this list.

http://lifehacker.com/157042/make-outlook-thread-conversations-like-gmail

Myself, I think GMail has pretty poor threading. I use it for all of my spam
lists but I had to start accessing it via Mutt+imap to properly read &
respond to ALE.

I prefer NNTP to mailing lists - I'll have to take a look at using Gmane.

-L