[ale] U-verse network issues

Dennis Ruzeski denniruz at gmail.com
Mon May 9 11:21:37 EDT 2011

To answer your question-

There's several very capable network analysis tools out there for
linux- tcpdump and wireshark will give you the information you're
looking for. Knowing how to use it is an entirely different story
that's beyond the scope of a few emails.

That being said, I have the Uverse all in one 'residential gateway'
with a HP Laserjet 5+ directly connected to the network and an inkjet
hooked  up to a USB print server and I've never had any network
issues- printing or otherwise.

You can rule out the Uverse switch by assigning permanent IP's to a
computer and the printer and directly connect them with a crossover
cable.

Good Luck,
--Dennis