[ale] as promised/threatened, an overly long post with probably nothing of real importance

Fri May 6 08:19:55 EDT 2011

I fully agree with the idea of ALE being a pub. If any of you have ever
spent time in a pub, you know there are certain conversations you can't have
there. They are the same topics that always get out of hand here. You don't
go to your local pub and start insulting people, calling them stupid, and
denying their virtues our humanity. Teeth would be lost.

My previous post on this thread was intended to illustrate how ludacris it
would be to speak to someone in person the way people often do here. I think
that many people on this list are like me in that they don't attend the
meetings because they don't want to witness one of these flame fests in
person. I have a Mormon friend who quit attending when his religion was
vitriolically attacked. He wasn't there to evangelize anything but FOSS.

I think there is a great interest in spending time with like minded people.
Let's please realize that we are not like minded in politics nor religion...
and STFU.