[ale] Seeking Solaris 10 driver (Intel 82578DM PHY)

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Thu May 5 15:18:04 EDT 2011

Thanks Chuck but I already have a copy of 10/09 in hand.  The problem is
getting driver(s) for the PHY controller on the System Host Board (SHB)
that I'm using.  Solaris x86 Installation Check Tool (v1.7) reads the
h/w as all compatible save the Intel 82578DM PHY which seems to bugger
the NICs on the I/O bracket.  So far I know that Oracle says the device
is not on the HCL (not even on the "Reported to work" list) -- so I was
hoping there may be a driver out there for this.  I have already been to
Intel and don't see a blessed thing for Solaris drivers of any kind.

Thus is my quandary...Rich