[ale] Tux Report from Trade Show

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed May 4 20:08:06 EDT 2011

On Wed, 4 May 2011, Richard Bronosky wrote:

> If you do encounter anyone who doesn't know who Tux is, make sure to
> call them a teabagger corporapist brown shirt. That is the way we
> spread software Freedom now a days isn't it? ;-)

I'm relaxing, spent the day at the Smart Grid Road Show in Chattanooga,
where the Tux-friendly vendors were:

http://www.osii.com
   Proudly gives away small Tux penguins with their Logo on the tummy.

http://www.owlcti.com
   Among other kewl things was a Linux based solution with one-way
   data transfer for secure networking per "NERC-CIP" standards.

http://www.utiliflex.com
   We do Linux based prepayment/vending/AMI metering systems.

And the others were at least mostly Linux aware. Which is a far cry
from 3+ years ago, when mentioning a Non-Microsoft/Oracle solution
would get you dismissed as a serious anything.

Spread Linux with an open mind, by nicely showing people that they have
options and that this MIGHT work well for them and is worth trying.
(While inside channeling one of Aaron's more eloquent spasms and smiling)